If you are looking for the answer to this question, ‘how to stream Netflix on discord?‘ then we have the working method for you. But before we move ahead to the technique, let’s have a brief word about Discord and address the issue first.
Discord, the cross-platform communication app, started as a platform for gamers that helped the squad communicate in-game. Over the past few years, features like discord stage channels and the ability to do much more than talking have made this app popular among the regular crowd and gamers.
The ability to talk over a voice channel gives birth to whether it is possible to stream Netflix live on Discord. Well, the simple answer is yes, but it’s a bit tricky to do it. So in this article, I will tell you how you can enable Netflix streaming on Discord and enjoy the movie with your friends.
Stream Netflix on Discord with Friends (2021)
To get started with streaming Netflix on Discord, we will have to take care of some significant problems. The major problem here is the issue of DRM protection and a black screen showing to the audience. If you use Discord, you must have tried to stream Netflix or other streaming services on Discord ending up on a black screen.
Let’s see how to stream Netflix on Discord without any black screen problem.
1. Download Discord App on Windows or Mac.
Discord is available as a Web version or App on Pc and Mac. So if you use the web version on your PC or Mac, you won’t be able to stream Netflix on Discord. You have to download the PC or Mac app on your computer. To do this, head over to the discord website by clicking here and download the discord app for your operating system.
Once downloaded and installed, use the QR code if already signed in on your mobile app or insert the credentials to sign up on or sign in on discord.
2. Turn off Hardware Acceleration on Browser: Fixes Black Screen Issues to stream Netflix on Discord.
The most common issue that most people face while streaming Netflix on discord is the black screen issue. When you stream any content on Discord with Netflix as the source, you only see the black screen and nothing else on the receiving side.
Turn off hardware acceleration in your browser if you don’t want to see a black screen while watching Netflix on Discord. In this guide, We’ve included instructions for disabling hardware acceleration on three common browsers, Google Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. You can use your preferred browser to complete the instructions. If you’re using a browser that isn’t listed above, go to its Settings and look for hardware acceleration, then turn it off.
Below are the ways you can disable hardware acceleration on the most common browsers:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome:
1. Open Chrome and select ‘Settings‘ from the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
2. In the left sidebar, go to the ‘System‘ tab, then to ‘Advanced‘ options, and turn off the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’ And after disabling the toggle, restart Chrome.
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge and go to ‘Settings’ by clicking on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System‘ and turn off the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available‘ toggle inside system settings. After that, restart your Edge browser to watch Netflix on Discord without getting a black screen.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox:
- Firefox users have to select ‘Options‘ from the hamburger menu (Horizontal three lines), located near the upper right corner of the browser.
- Under the ‘General‘ tab, scroll down until you reach the ‘Performance‘ area. Here you’ll see a checkbox labeled ‘Use suggested performance settings.’ Uncheck it, and another checkbox for deactivating hardware acceleration will appear. Uncheck the item that says, ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’
3. Play Netflix on Browser and Set-up Discord for Streaming
You’re ready to stream Netflix for pals on Discord now that you’ve deactivated hardware acceleration. To get started with setting up Discord for streaming using the following steps:
- On the browser of your choice, launch Netflix and play your favorite movie or TV show. Once you do this, pause the movie or tv show and launch Discord.
- Inside the discord app, navigate to the ‘Gear‘ icon next to the name on the bottom left corner. Doing this will launch discord settings.
- On the Settings page, Go to the ‘Activity Status‘ tab in the left sidebar and click the ‘Add it!‘ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?‘
- After this, you will see a dropdown menu with the list of all the apps running in the background.
- Pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
- Go to the server where you wish to watch the movie or TV show, and then click the ‘Stream‘ icon above your username. Alternatively, you can join a voice channel and then use the ‘Share screen‘ option in the bottom left to select the browser you’re using to view Netflix.
- Set the resolution and the voice channel you’d like to host the movie. If you don’t have Discord Nitro, you can only stream in 720p at 30 frames per second. You’ll need Discord Nitro membership to be able to stream Netflix on discord in 1080p/60fps.
- After picking the channel, you want to stream in, click on the ‘Go Live‘ Button and start streaming the movie or show that you wish to stream.
- Once you are done, other members in the server can click on the ‘Live‘ button inside the voice channels, and now you can have your own Netflix party on discord itself.
- If you wish to end the watch party, then click on the end call button, and you will be able to end the watch party for all the members inside the voice channel.
Watch Netflix on Discord with Friends: FAQs
How do I cast Netflix to Discord?
To cast Netflix to Discord, you have to disable the black screen issue on your browser first and then stream the movie or tv show via Discord. Following the above guide, you can cast Netflix to your Discord server and enjoy watching content with your friends at the same time. Use the steps above and stream your favorite movies and tv shows with friends on Discord without any issue.
How do I stream movies on Discord?
To stream movies on Discord, you can directly live stream inside a voice chat if the file is locally placed inside the computer. To stream online services like Netflix on Discord, you need to disable the black screen issue of your web browser first. We discussed everything in the guide above, so do check the process in detail, and you will be able to stream movies on Discord easily.
Can I Screen Share Netflix on Discord?
Yes, you can screen share Netflix on Discord, but doing that results in a black screen issue. We have shared a trick in this guide, so do check that out, and using that, you can watch Netflix online with your friends easily. Once you follow all the steps, you will be able to screen share Netflix.
Is it illegal to stream movies on Discord?
If you are concerned that it is legal to stream Netflix on Discord, then the simple answer is NO. It is illegal to do this, but if you are a small group of friends, that means no harm. You can always give this a go.
Can you stream on discord mobile?
No, you can’t initiate a Netflix stream from your mobile due to the screen sharing being protected by DRM protection.
Does Netflix block screen share on Discord?
Yes, Netflix does block screen sharing on Discord, but we have found a working method by which you can stream Netflix on Discord directly without any issues.
Stream Netflix on Discord: Wrapping Up
That’s how you stream Netflix on Discord directly without any issue and a black screen problem. The only issue here is that if you switch tabs inside the browser of your choice, your stream will show everything you do while steaming, so take care of that while you stream. I hope you liked our guide on how to stream Netflix on Discord. If you want to read more amazing guides, visit our homepage mrnoob.net and follow us on Instagram @mrnoobnetwork. Thanks for reading.