If you are looking for the answer to this question, “how to stream Netflix on discord without black screen?“ then we have the working method for you. But before we move ahead to the technique, let’s have a brief word about Discord and address the issue first.
Discord, the cross-platform communication app, started as a platform for gamers that helped the squad communicate in-game.
The ability to talk over a voice channel made people curious to stream Netflix live on Discord. Well, the simple answer is yes, but there are issues like the black screen problems. We will solve these problems including the black screen issues and stream Netflix on discord in 2023.
Stream Netflix on Discord with Friends (2023)
To get started with streaming Netflix on Discord, some problems must be taken care of. The major problem here is the issue of DRM protection and a black screen showing to the audience. If you use Discord and tried to stream Netflix on Discord, you must have ended up on a black screen.
Let’s see how to stream Netflix on Discord without any black screen problems.
1. Download the Discord App on Windows or Mac.
Discord is available as a Web version or App on Pc and Mac. So if you use the web version of discord, you won’t be able to stream Netflix on Discord. You have to download the PC or Mac app on your computer. To do this, head over to the discord website by clicking here and download the discord app for your operating system.
Once downloaded and installed, use the QR code if already signed in on your phone or log in via credentials.
2. Turn off Hardware Acceleration on Browser: Fixes Black Screen Issues to stream Netflix on Discord.
The most common issue that most people face while streaming Netflix on discord is the black screen issue. When you stream Netflix as the source, you only see the black screen and nothing else shows up.
Turn off hardware acceleration if you don’t want to see a black screen while watching Netflix on Discord. In this guide, We’ve included instructions for disabling hardware acceleration on three common browsers, Google Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. You can use your preferred browser to complete the instructions. If you’re using any other browser,go to Settings and look for hardware acceleration, then turn it off.
Below are the ways you can disable hardware acceleration on the most common browsers:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome:
1. Open Chrome and select ‘Settings‘ from the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
2. In the left sidebar, go to the ‘System‘ tab, then to ‘Advanced‘ options, and turn off the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’ And after disabling the toggle, restart Chrome.
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge and go to ‘Settings’ by clicking on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System‘ and turn off the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available‘ toggle inside the system settings. After that, restart your Edge browser to watch Netflix on Discord without getting a black screen.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox:
- Firefox users have to select ‘Options‘ from the hamburger menu (Horizontal three lines), located near the upper right corner of the browser.
- Under the ‘General‘ tab, scroll down until you reach the ‘Performance‘ area. Here you’ll see a checkbox labeled ‘Use suggested performance settings.’ Uncheck it, and another checkbox for deactivating hardware acceleration will appear. Uncheck the item that says, ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’
3. Play Netflix on Browser and Set up Discord for Streaming
You’re ready to stream Netflix for pals on Discord now that you’ve deactivated hardware acceleration. To get started with setting up Discord for streaming using the following steps:
- On the browser of your choice, launch Netflix and play your favorite movie or TV show. Once you do this, pause the movie or tv show and launch Discord.
- Inside the discord app, navigate to the ‘Gear‘ icon next to the name on the bottom left corner. Doing this will launch discord settings.
- On the Settings page, Go to the ‘Activity Status‘ tab in the left sidebar and click the ‘Add it!‘ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?‘
- After this, you will see a dropdown menu with the list of all the apps running in the background.
- Pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
- Go to the server where you wish to watch the movie or TV show, and then click the ‘Stream‘ icon above your username. Alternatively, you can join a voice channel and then use the ‘Share screen‘ option in the bottom left to select the browser you’re using to view Netflix.
- Set the resolution and the voice channel you’d like to host the movie. If you don’t have Discord Nitro, you can only stream in 720p at 30 frames per second. You’ll need Discord Nitro membership to be able to stream Netflix on discord in 1080p/60fps.
- After picking the channel, you want to stream in, click on the ‘Go Live‘ Button and start streaming the movie or show that you wish to stream.
- Once you are done, other members of the server can click on the ‘Live‘ button inside the voice channels, and now you can have your own Netflix party on discord itself.
- If you wish to end the watch party, then click on the end call button.
Also Read: How to Watch Netflix Together Online with Remote Friends in 2021
How to watch Netflix on Discord on Fire TV Stick / Android TV
To watch Netflix with friends on discord on your Fire TV stick, you will have to set up the movie or show on Netflix and then go live on discord as we did above. As soon as you set up the discord call, all you have to do is to connect your PC to your TV.
The usual way of doing this can be using an HDMI cable and connecting it to the TV. This works well but the only issue with this method is that nobody has an HDMI cable long enough so that they can video chat and watch movies at the same time.
To fix this we can use the Miracast or Chromecast function on the Smart TV or Fire TV stick. I’ll be doing this on a fire tv stick but you can also do this on an Android smart TV. Here’s how you do it.
Steps to set up Watch Party on TV or Fire TV Stick
- Use the Alexa button on your Amazon Fire TV Remote and say “Air screen”.
- Now you will see a list of apps, choose the first one and download the Air screen app on your Fire TV Stick. If you are on an android tv then you can download the same via the play store.
- Once done, now open the air screen app. This will enable services like Chromecast and Miracast on your fire tv stick or android tv properly. If you have a tv with these facilities built-in then you can skip using this app, but I will still recommend using this app as it’s really robust.
- Once done, you can now use the Air screen app to mirror your PC on android tv. Now the trick is to set up the whole system that we created earlier which lets us use Netflix on discord and then screencast.
- Set up the Netflix watch party on your PC. Now click on the action center on the bottom right side of your windows PC and click on Project. You can also select “Connect” and directly choose the device of your choice.
- Now select your TV/Fire TV stick from the list.
- Done, now you can host a watch party on discord using your firestick.
- Using this method, you will be able to use your PC’s webcam and mic to talk to your friends and at the same time watch the movie on the big screen along with their voices.
Can’t Stream Netflix on Discord – Why and how to fix?
We are done with the method to watch Netflix on discord with friends. Now let’s have a look at some of the biggest issues and how to fix them.
The reason why you can’t stream Netflix on discord can be many, including your internet connection speed and other factors. To stream Netflix on discord in 720p Quality, you need at least a 30mbps connection. If you have a slower connection, then you will be able to stream at a very choppy framerate which will ruin the experience for everyone.
Another reason why you can’t stream Netflix on discord is the black screen issue due to the fact that all the content on Netflix or sites like prime videos are DRM protected. We have already shared the solution to remove the black screen issue in this article itself. Scroll up to read the method.
Stream Netflix on Discord Without Black Screen: Wrapping Up
That’s how you stream Netflix on Discord directly without any issue and a black screen problem. The only issue here is that if you switch tabs inside the browser of your choice, your stream will show everything you do while steaming, so take care of that while you stream. I hope you liked our guide on how to stream Netflix on Discord.
If you want to read more amazing guides, visit our homepage mrnoob.net and follow us on Instagram @mrnoobHQ. Thanks for reading.
Can you stream Netflix on Discord?
Yes, you can stream Netflix on discord very easily by just screencasting your browser onto discord. The problem however is with the black screen issue that occurs when you try to stream Netflix on discord. To fix this you just have to disable the hardware acceleration on chrome and then stream it on discord. The complete method is above.
How do I cast Netflix to Discord?
To cast Netflix to Discord, you have to disable the black screen issue on your browser first and then stream the movie or tv show via Discord. Following the above guide, you can cast Netflix to your Discord server and enjoy watching content with your friends at the same time. Use the steps above and stream your favorite movies and tv shows with friends on Discord without any issue.
How do I stream movies on Discord?
To stream movies on Discord, you can directly live stream inside a voice chat if the file is locally placed inside the computer. To stream online services like Netflix on Discord, you need to disable the black screen issue of your web browser first. We discussed everything in the guide above, so do check the process in detail, and you will be able to stream movies on Discord easily.
Yes, you can screen share Netflix on Discord, but doing that results in a black screen issue. We have shared a trick in this guide, so do check that out, and using that, you can watch Netflix online with your friends easily. Once you follow all the steps, you will be able to screen share Netflix.
Is it illegal to stream movies on Discord?
If you are concerned that it is legal to stream Netflix on Discord, then the simple answer is NO. It is illegal to do this, but if you are a small group of friends, that means no harm. You can always give this a go.
Can you stream on discord mobile?
No, you can’t initiate a Netflix stream from your mobile due to the screen sharing being protected by DRM protection.
Yes, Netflix does block screen sharing on Discord, but we have found a working method by which you can stream Netflix on Discord directly without any issues.