Finding the Best Ways to Watch Netflix Together Online is tricky, we have found the ways to watch Netflix together. First, let’s understand the issue, and then we’ll move to the best apps to watch Netflix together.
If you are in a long-distance relationship or your friends stay away from your physical location then you have to use methods to watch Netflix together. Here are some ways to watch Netflix together online.
How to Watch Netflix Together Online on PC :
To watch Netflix Together online on PC, the best way is to use a chrome extension called Scener. Scener is the best Netflix party Chrome extensions at this moment, here is how you use Scener to watch Netflix together:
Steps to watch Netflix with friends using Google Chrome/Chromium Browsers :
- Open Google Chrome or any Chromium-based browser and search for Scener in the Chrome Web Extension store. If you are on Chrome, you can navigate to the Scener extension download page by clicking here.
- Make an account after downloading the Scener extension.
- After logging in with your credentials, now you are ready to host watch parties.
- To host a watch party via screener extension, click on the extension from the top right side of chrome.
- Click on scener and now you will be redirected to scener website. On the top right side of the scener website, click on “Host a Watch Party“
- Once done, now you can choose from two options, Room Mode or Theater Mode. Room mode is with 10 people and each of them can open their camera while watching. With theater mode, you can add unlimited people. You can set Theatre mode streams to ‘Public’ enabling random people to join in with you.
- Choose your stream type and click on Host Now, screener will ask you for basic permissions including camera and microphone. Allow access and you are good to go. You can even choose to decline, you will be able to host watch parties regardless.
- Once allowed, a new pop-up window will open with a Scener icon and you will be able to start a watch party using scener.
With scener, you can host a watch party of the following services :
There are a lot more services that work with Scener like Hotstar, but with a little bit of extra tweaking. We will talk about them in another article. Let’s focus on Netflix for this one.
- To get started with watching Netflix with friends online using scener chrome extension, you must log in to your Netflix account inside the browser itself. Click on Netflix inside the scener menu, and your user profile selector will pop up.
- Start any show inside the Scener and share the scener link to your friends or family, whoever wants to watch Netflix with you via WhatsApp or other messaging services.
- Once your friends or family downloads the scener extension on their browser and sign in, they will be able to join the Netflix stream.
- All your friends will be able to watch the Netflix stream and you will have the remote to pause or play the show or movie. If you pause the content at any given point, the stream for every person will stop as well.
- Each person can open their camera and microphone and chat as well.
Watch Netflix Together Online on Android or iOS:
You can easily watch Netflix together with friends on Android or iOS using an app called Rave.
Rave app lets you sync Netflix and many other services with your remote friends and just like scener you can watch Netflix together online with friends on rave. The only downside here is that you can’t use rave to video chat while watching the movie.
These are the prerequisites of using rave on your phone to sync Netflix playback with friends.
- 2 Mobile devices (Android/iOS) with Rave app Installed.
- 2 Netflix Accounts or a single account with at least two screens subscription.
Let’s see how to view Netflix together online on android or iOS using Rave App :
- Open Google Play Store or Apple Store and download the Rave app.
- Once downloaded, open the Rave app and sign up for a Rave account.
- Now open the app and tap on the plus (+) icon on the bottom right side of the app to start a new room.
- Choose Netflix and sign in to your Netflix account. Now you are signed in to Netflix inside the Rave app.
- After doing this, you will be able to access the Netflix interface. Tap on any show or movie of your choice and then tap on the share icon on the bottom right.
- Share the video with your friends on chat platforms like Whatsapp or Telegram and invite them to watch a movie or show with you.
7. Once they tap on the link, they will join the stream directly after signing in to Netflix inside the rave app. The remote of the stream stays with the person who starts the Netflix watch party inside the Rave app.
if you tap on the microphone icon on the bottom left side of the app then you can even voice chat with your friends while watching a movie.
We’ll have to deal with a few major issues before we can start streaming Netflix on Discord. The main issue here is DRM protection, which results in a blank screen being displayed to the audience. If you use Discord, you’ve probably tried to use it to stream Netflix or other streaming services and ended up with a blank screen.
Let’s look at how to watch Netflix on Discord without getting a blank screen.
1. Download Discord App on Windows or Mac.
On PC and Mac, Discord is available as a web version or as an app. You won’t be able to stream Netflix on Discord if you use the web version on your PC or Mac. You must first install the PC or Mac application on your computer. To do so, go to the Discord website and download the Discord app for your operating system by clicking here.
Use the QR code if you’re already logged in on your mobile app, or use the credentials to sign up for or sign in on Discord once it’s been downloaded and installed.
2. Turn off Hardware Acceleration on Browser: Fixes Black Screen Issues to stream Netflix on Discord.
The most common problem that most users encounter while watching Netflix on Discord is a dark screen. When using Netflix as a source, you only get a blank screen and nothing else on the receiving end.
If you don’t want to see a blank screen while viewing Netflix on Discord, disable hardware acceleration in your browser. In this post, we’ll show you how to disable hardware acceleration in three popular browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. To finish the instructions, you can use your favourite browser. If you’re using a browser that isn’t listed above, go to the Settings menu and disable hardware acceleration.
Below are the ways you can disable hardware acceleration on the most common browsers:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome:
1. Open Chrome and select ‘Settings‘ from the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
2. In the left sidebar, go to the ‘System‘ tab, then to ‘Advanced‘ options, and turn off the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’ And after disabling the toggle, restart Chrome.
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge and go to ‘Settings’ by clicking on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System‘ and turn off the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available‘ toggle inside system settings. After that, restart your Edge browser to watch Netflix on Discord without getting a black screen.
3. Play Netflix on Browser
You’re ready to stream Netflix for pals on Discord now that you’ve deactivated hardware acceleration. To get started with setting up Discord for streaming using the following steps:
On the browser of your choice, launch Netflix and play your favorite movie or TV show. Once you do this, pause the movie or tv show and launch Discord.
Set-Up Discord to Watch Netflix With Friends Online
Inside the discord app, navigate to the ‘Gear‘ icon next to the name on the bottom left corner. Doing this will launch discord settings.
On the Settings page, Go to the ‘Activity Status‘ tab in the left sidebar and click the ‘Add it!‘ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?‘
After this, you will see a dropdown menu with the list of all the apps running in the background.
Pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
Start Streaming on Discord
Go to the server where you wish to watch the movie or TV show, and then click the ‘Stream‘ icon above your username. Alternatively, you can join a voice channel and then use the ‘Share screen‘ option in the bottom left to select the browser you’re using to view Netflix.
Set the resolution and the voice channel you’d like to host the movie. If you don’t have Discord Nitro, you can only stream in 720p at 30 frames per second. You’ll need Discord Nitro membership to be able to stream Netflix on discord in 1080p/60fps.
After picking the channel, you want to stream in, click on the ‘Go Live‘ Button and start streaming the movie or show that you wish to stream.
Once you are done, other members in the server can click on the ‘Live‘ button inside the voice channels, and now you can have your own Netflix party on discord itself.
If you wish to end the watch party, then click on the end call button, and you will be able to end the watch party for all the members inside the voice channel.
More Ways to Watch Netflix and Other Services With Friends Online :
Teleparty (Formerly Netflix Party)
This one is the most prominent one on the list. The one that started it all, Teleparty which was formerly known as Netflix party is a chrome extension using which you can watch Netflix together online with your friends easily. The developers changed its name from Netflix party to teleparty after including services like Hulu, HBO max, and Disney+.
Here is how the Teleparty Extension works:
- Open Chrome and download the teleparty extension from the chrome extension store here. You can also do the same for an edge using the Microsoft edge add-on store on windows 10.
- Open Netflix and launch the show or movie that you wish to watch together online.
- Near the Address bar on your browser, click on the TP icon.
- Now click on the “Start Party” button and share the link with your friends.
Once you do this, you will be able to watch Netflix together with your friends and even chat via watching the movie or show as this extension supports chat and emojis as well.
Kast, previously known as rabbit, allows you to screen share and watch Netflix together online with your friends and family. This service natively does not support the Netflix service under it’s supported service but you can enable using it via sharing a screen or a tab from your browser directly after you subscribe to Kast premium. Kast premium gives you HD video quality and the ability to screen share and use the webcam at the same time.
Metastreeam is yet another service to watch Netflix with friends and family online.To get started with metastream, you need to install a simple plugin, here is how you use metastream to start a watch party and watch Netflix with friends and family online:
- Open the Metastream website by clicking here.
- Now click on the Start Session button.
- The Metastream service requires a plug-in to continue. Choose the browser of your choice between chrome and firefox.
- Download the extension and refresh the page.
- Now select the Netflix option and select the movie that you want to watch. Click on the Metastream chrome extension icon and the movie or show will start playing.
- Now invite your friends on the stream, you will be able to start the watch party.
Twitch Watch Parties for Amazon Prime Videos
Twitch, the famous game streaming service by amazon, now has support for hosting watch parties for amazon prime videos. All the customers that have already signed up for the prime services can watch amazon prime video with their friends on twitch watch party
Do note that you can only start twitch watch party using your PC, to do the same ,follow these steps :
- Get a twitch account by signing up. Click here to sign up on twitch.
- On the twitch website, click on your twitch username on the top right side and click on the creator dashboard option.
- Inside Creator Dashboard, select the Home menu on the top left corner, and then click on the Stream Manager option.
- select the Quick Action selection on the right side of the screen, and then click on the Start Watch Party option.
- Now select the content that you wish to watch together online and get started.
Amazon Prime Videos Watch Party
We already saw how you can watch amazon prime videos with friends using twitch watch party but you can also watch the official amazon prime videos watch party to host and watch prime videos together with your friends.
We did an article on the same, Head over to our official guide to host prime videos watch party even outside the USA.
Sync Netflix with Friends: FAQs
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about syncing Netflix while watching it with friends :
How to Watch Movies Together in a Long distance Scenario?
To watch movies together long distance you need to have a common platform of viewing like Netflix or Amazon Prime and a service that syncs Netflix with friends and make it more accessible to play or pause it according to your convenience. To do this you can refer to the above methods where we discussed how to watch Netflix together online.
The movie that we want to watch doesn’t show up on Netflix, how to fix this?
If the movie that you want to watch, doesn’t show up on Netflix then it could be because of the following reasons :
- The movie got Delisted by Netflix.
- The movie exists but in a different country.
If the movie is no longer available on Netflix then you won’t be able to sync and do a watch party with your friends at all, but in case it’s in a different country then you can easily fix that by using a VPN. The VPN that we suggest is Surfshark as it has the overall best performance with unblocking netflix while being fast enough.
(Our top Recommendation to Unblock Netflix)
Netflix Party on Smart TV?
The question that many people have in their mind is that, can you do a Netflix party on smart tv to watch Netflix together online with friends? The answer to this is NO. As of now, there is no app that lets you watch Netflix together with your friends directly on the TV. If we get something relevant or a workaround to do Netflix party on smart tv or android enabled tv then we will surely make a guide on mrnoob.net, so keep watching the space for that.
Watch Netflix Together Online:
So this was our take on how you can watch Netflix together online with your friends, family, or significant other using Scener and rave. I personally use scener a lot especially after quarantine started, to watch movies and TV shows with my friends on chrome. I hope you liked our guide, if it helped then don’t forget to comment below. I’ll see you in the next one.