Do you want to pin any tweet on your Twitter profile? If you are on Twitter, then you must be aware that you can pin a tweet on your Twitter profile. This pinned tweet will always stay on the top of your Twitter timeline. Anyone visiting your profile will see that pinned tweet first, followed by the rest of your tweets and retweets.
While it is easy to pin your tweet, with just a tap on the 3-dot menu right beside your tweet and selecting “Pin to Profile” from the menu. And the tweet will show up on the top of your Twitter timeline.
But what if you want to pin someone else’s tweet or pin any tweet that matters? Twitter doesn’t give you a direct option to pin someone else’s tweet to your profile. However, there are a few workarounds, using which you can pin any tweet on your profile. Here is how you can pin any tweet on your Twitter profile.
How to pin any tweet on Twitter?
Method 1: The Retweet method
With this Twitter hack, you can pin other people’s tweets on your Twitter profile. The process is straightforward. You just need to Quote someone’s tweet and retweet it on your Twitter timeline. When you quote a tweet, Twitter automatically attaches the original tweet with the quoted tweet. So when you pin that tweet on your Twitter timeline, it will display the original tweet along with it.
Here is how to do it,
- Look for the tweet you want to pin on your Twitter profile. Then press the “Retweet” button and select “Quote Tweet” from the menu.
- On the next screen, type in something that says “Add a comment” and then press the “Tweet” button to send that tweet to your timeline.
- Now open your Twitter profile page, tap on the 3-dot menu on the tweet you just quoted, select “Pin to Profile” and tap on “Pin” to permanently pin that tweet on top of your Twitter profile.
And that’s how you pin another person’s tweet on your profile via the retweet method. The only downside to this method is that it requires you to retweet that tweet with a quote before you can pin it.
However, there is another method you can use to pin a Tweet on your Twitter. For this, you’ll need to use a third-party website for pinning any tweet on Twitter without retweeting it the usual way.
Method 2: Using TwTools (or Twitter Tools)
TwTools is a third-party website with a handful of Twitter tools like Pin Any Tweet, Welcome Message and RT Cleaner. We will use the “Pin Any Tweet” tool from TwTools to pin someone else’s tweet on your Twitter profile for this tutorial.
Let’s see how you can pin any tweet on Twitter using TWTools;
- First of all, copy the tweet link that you want to pin on your Twitter timeline and make sure that you haven’t retweeted it already. A retweeted tweet will show the Retweet button in green color. Undo that by tapping on the “Retweet” button again and choosing the “Undo Retweet” option.
- Now head over to the TwTools Website on your browser and tap on the big “PIN ANY TWEET” button.
- On the next page, tap on “Allow Access” and then authorize TwTools to access your Twitter account by clicking on the “Authorize App” button.
- After successful authorization, the website will reload. Here we see a text box to paste the Tweet link that we copied in Step 1. Paste that link in the text box and tap on the blue “Pin this tweet” button.
- You’ll now see a confirmation message, saying, “It is done!” Now go to your Twitter profile to see the said Tweet pinned right on top of your timeline.
With that said, there are a few quirks to this method. Since we are using a third-party tool for this to work, I’d suggest you revoke TwTools access from your Twitter account after pinning your tweet.
Revoke TwTools permissions from your Twitter account
On your Twitter mobile app, tap on your profile picture on the top to open the hamburger menu. And go to “Settings and Privacy > Security and account access > Apps and sessions > Connected apps.”
Inside Connected apps, select “TwTools_Eu,” and finally tap on “Revoke app permissions” to stop TwTools from accessing your Twitter account.
If you are using Twitter on a web browser or computer, you can click on this link to access all your connected apps. And then revoke “TwTools_Eu” permission from there.
Remove the pinned Tweet tweeted using TwTools.
Note that removing/revoking TwTools access will not remove the tweet you’ve pinned using this tool. It will stay pinned on your Twitter profile as long as the original tweet remains on the platform.
However, if you want to delete a tweet pinned using the TwTools, you can do that by clicking on the “Retweet” button below the pinned Tweet and then selecting the “Undo retweet” option. Or, pinning another Tweet will replace the current pinned Tweet, as you are limited to pinning only one tweet at a time.
Wrapping up: How to pin someone else’s tweet?
So this wraps up our guide on how to pin another person’s Tweet on your Twitter profile. Unless Twitter decides to give that option within Twitter app/website, you can follow this guide to get your job done. Retweeting method is a viable option for most, as it doesn’t require you to use any 3rd-party tool. But if you want a better way to pin someone’s tweet, you can use TwTools. Just don’t forget to revoke its access after you are done pinning that tweet.