The Clubhouse is the new fad in town. An invite-only social media app where your voice represents you. After being exclusive to iOS for a long time, it finally made its way onto Android. Now, this raises the question, whether you can use Clubhouse on PC or not? If yes, then how one can host their Clubhouse room from a PC.
Well, the short answer is that officially there is no way you can use Clubhouse on a Windows computer, but there are a few workarounds that allow you to download and install Clubhouse on your PC/Mac. And until Clubhouse decides to release a desktop or a web version of their app, we pretty much have to rely on these options.
Now let’s see all the ways by which you can use Clubhouse on your PC and hop into the world of drop-in audio chat rooms. But before you proceed with the guide, do note that,
- The Clubhouse is an invitation-only social media app. You will still need an invite before you can sign in and use the app. These workarounds will not guarantee you an invite; hence make sure you are already a Clubhouse user.
- You can not use the Clubhouse app on more than one device at the same time. For instance, if you have logged in to your Clubhouse on your PC, the smartphone (iOS/Android) app will automatically log out and vice-versa.
How to use Clubhouse on PC?
We will now see all the ways by which users can install and use Clubhouse on your computer. Currently, we have two ways by which we can enjoy Clubhouse on a Windows PC and Mac OS.
A. Using an Android Emulator to use Clubhouse on PC
Since Clubhouse already has an app on Android, we can take advantage of Android emulators to run the Clubhouse Android app on your Windows/Mac. An Android Emulator is software that simulates an Android device on a computer. You can run an android emulator on Windows, Mac, and even on Linux. This way, you can use the Android version of the Clubhouse app on PC without any limitations.
Now let’s see how to install the Clubhouse app on your computer via an Android emulator.
- Download the Android Emulator of your choice on your computer and install it. If you are new to the whole Android Emulator scene, I’d suggest you install the popular BlueStacks emulator. Bluestack is available for both Windows and Mac. If you are on Linux, you can either use Genymotion – Android Emulator or use the Windows version of Bluestacks emulator with wine on your Linux distro. Since I am on Windows, I will be using Bluestacks for this guide, but the entire process is similar on every emulator.
- After installing, open the Bluestacks Android Emulator on your computer, then click on the PlayStore icon to open Google Play Store inside the emulator and use your Google Account to sign in.
- Now, search for ‘Clubhouse‘ inside the PlayStore and click on the install button.
- After installation, open the Clubhouse app and use your mobile number to sign in to the app, and you are good to go. Since Clubhouse uses mobile-based verification login, you will need to have your phone alongside you during the sign-in process.
Congratulations, you can now jam into your clubhouse room from your computer.
B. Using Clubdeck, an unofficial desktop Clubhouse client for Windows and Mac
One of the significant downsides of using Android emulators is that they are slow since they simultaneously emulate both the hardware and software. And if you are on a low-spec computer, multitasking with an Android emulator might not be the best thing to do.
While there is no official Clubhouse client available, nor is there any in the development pipeline. Some of the Clubhouse enthusiasts created ‘Clubdeck,’ an unofficial desktop Clubhouse client for Windows and Macs. Using Clubdeck, you can enjoy Clubhouse on your Mac and PC with all its functionality. Over that, Clubdeck offers some advanced features like recording and streaming the room to other social networks with live-transcribe feature, playing custom local audio or via Youtube, etc., (You can check all the features that Clubdeck offers from here)
Now let’s see how you can download and install the Clubdeck app to use Clubhouse on PC.
- Go to clubdeck.app, then download the installer for your computer and install it. Clubdeck is available for both Windows and Mac. As long as you are on either operating system, you can download this unofficial clubhouse client on your PC or Mac.
- Now, run the Clubdeck app on your computer and sign in with your Clubhouse account using your mobile number. You’ll receive a verification code on your phone to complete the sign-in process.
- And voila, you can now enjoy a full Clubhouse experience on your computer and have all those audio sessions while staying on your PC without any limitations.
Clubdeck app has some additional features over the official app, allowing you to record your room without any software or letting you play audio directly from YouTube. If you are into serious business as a content creator on CH, you can take advantage of this app. On the downside, I am not a massive fan of Clubdeck’s user interface, but that’s subjective so that we can let that one slide.
Wrapping up: Clubhouse for PC, yay or nay?
Since Clubhouse is still in its beta, it will be too early to say if Clubhouse will ever make its way to PC. But that entirely depends on the team behind the app, whether they want Clubhouse to move out of the mobile-only platform.
Until Clubhouse officially releases a desktop client (or even lets users access Clubhouse over the web), we can use Clubdeck, which offers much more than the official app. If you are still skeptical, use the Clubhouse app inside an Android emulator on your PC.
Do you want Clubhouse to support PCs? Do let us know via a comment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I install Clubhouse on my PC?
As of now, Clubhouse is only available as an app on iOS and Android. On PC, you can either use Clubhouse inside an Android Emulator or through the Clubdeck app. But mind you, Clubdeck is not affiliated with Clubhouse, so use it keeping that in mind.
Is Clubdeck legit?
We couldn’t find anything to back that claim, but it seems like Clubdeck is legit and doesn’t seem to be doing anything fishy in the background. One can run through the code by visiting Clubdeck’s Github Repository to see if it is clean or not.
But if you still doubt, you can go with the Android emulator route for using Clubhouse on your PC. However, you’ll have to sacrifice all the extra features that Clubdeck offers.
Is Clubdeck free, or do I have to pay for it?
Yes, it is free. You don’t need to pay a single penny to use the Clubdeck app for accessing Clubhouse on a PC. Make sure you are downloading it only from Cludeck’s official website.
How can I record a Clubhouse room using Clubdeck?
Clubdeck makes it easy for you to record a room inside Clubhouse. It is as easy as flipping a switch. Not just that, since you are using Clubhouse on a computer, you can use a professional-grade recording microphone to speak and record the same.
To record a Clubhouse room inside Clubdeck;
Create or join a room that you want to record.
You’ll see group settings on the right of the room. There look for ‘Start recording‘ and click on it.
Can I use Clubhouse on PC without an invite?
No, you can’t use Clubhouse without an invite, regardless of the platform. Since it is still in beta, you’ll need an invitation to create a Clubhouse account. However, you can ask anyone using Clubhouse with spare invites to invite you on the app.