Some people love Reddit, and some completely hate it. There are even those people who just lurk around and read without participating in the topic. Reddit is fun, but if you want to delete your Reddit account in 2021, you’ll have to go through some extra effort.
This guide will tell you how to delete your Reddit account via PC/Mac and even your Android or iPhone. So let’s get started with the process.
Things to Know Before Deleting your Reddit Account
There is an option to ‘Deactivate’ your Reddit account. Deactivating your account will also delete the Reddit account and your username, but there is one major flaw. If you deactivate your Reddit account, all the posts made by that account and the comments will stay on Reddit forever. All the posts you created and your comments will now fall under the “[Deleted]” category.
Put it this way; if you deactivate your account without deleting your content. It will stay forever. There will be no way for you to log in and delete them after you deactivate them. And you can still find those comments/posts under the “[Deleted]” username.
Why should you Delete your Posts and Comments?
As I discussed earlier, the main motive for deleting the content before leaving is to maintain anonymity. Reddit itself is a platform that promotes being anonymous from day one. If you decide to leave Reddit, ensure that none of your content stays on the platform.
Let’s look at this with an example. Let’s assume that your Reddit username is ‘memelord20′, which means every post/comment you make will be under the profile name memelord20.
It’s super easy to delete any individual comment or post from the profile before deactivating. However, deleting your comments or posts after deactivating the Reddit account is impossible.
Diving even further into this, you can skip those if you have commented LOL or ROFL on some Reddit post. But if your posts contain pictures of you or if you have commented on something sensitive, then making sure to remove it before deleting your Reddit account is an excellent idea.
How to Delete Posts and Comments on Reddit?
- Go to the Reddit website and login in with the Reddit account you wish to deactivate to see the posts and comments you’ve made.
- To access your profile, click your name in the top-right corner of the Reddit page and select “Profile.”
- To see your Reddit posts, go to the top of the page and select “Posts.” To see your comments, go to “Comments.”
- Look through the list of posts and comments to see which ones you might wish to delete. To delete a post or comment, go to the three dots “…” button beneath it and choose “Delete.”
- Now that you are done deleting the comments and posts from your account, let’s move on to deleting the Reddit account itself.
How to Delete Your Reddit Account on PC? (2022)
To delete the Reddit account from your PC after deleting all the comments and posts from your profile, use the following method :
- Head over to the Reddit user settings page by clicking on the user icon on the top right and selecting “User Settings.”
- Once you are inside the user settings page, head to the bottom of the page, where you will find an option to Deactivate the Account.
- Click on “Deactivate Account.”
- Now Reddit will give you a popup for deactivating your Reddit account. You can choose to provide feedback if you have any. Now fill in your username and password.
- Click on the check box that says, “I understand that the account is not recoverable.”
- Reddit will ask you for confirmation one final time. Click “Deactivate” if you’re sure that you want to go through with it.
Also Read: How to Delete Telegram Account?
Delete Your Reddit Account on Android and iOS! (2022)
The easiest way to delete a Reddit account is using a Windows PC, Mac, or Linux Computer. But if you don’t have access to a computer nearby and want to delete your Reddit account quickly, use the following procedure.
Delete Comments and Posts on Android and iOS Smartphones!
- Open the Reddit app on your phone.
- Now tap on your avatar on the top left side of the app.
- Tap on “My Profile.”
- Now you will see three tabs: Posts, Comments, and About. Tap on posts, and you will see all the posts that you have made on various subreddits.
- Tap on the three vertical dots and tap on “Delete.” Now confirm deleting, and you have successfully deleted that comment from your profile.
- Similarly, if you tap on the comments tab, you will see all the comments. Tap on the comment, and it will redirect you to your comment. Repeat the same process you did with posts, and you will be able to delete the comments.
- Once done, you can now move on to deleting the account. The problem, however, is that you can’t delete your Reddit account via the Reddit app.
Delete Reddit Account on Android and iOS With Web Browser!
The way to delete Reddit accounts on Android and iOS is using a web browser because Reddit doesn’t let you delete the Reddit account using the Reddit app.
Follow these steps to delete your Reddit account via web browser:
- Open reddit.com/settings/account on chrome or any web browser of your choice.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- On the bottom right, you will see an option to “Deactivate Account.”
- Now proceed with the required information. You will successfully deactivate your Reddit account.
How to Delete Reddit Account: Conclusion
So this is how you can deactivate your Reddit account simply by removing contents first and then using the deactivation link. The process is straightforward, and it can take a few minutes depending on the amount of time you spent commenting and posting on Reddit to remove the posts. As of now, there is no way to delete all the posts in bulk.
I hope you liked our take on how to delete a Reddit account quickly; if you did, don’t forget to visit our homepage mrnoob.net. Also, visit our Instagram handle @mrnoobHQ Thanks for reading, and I will see you in another guide like this.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I permanently delete my Reddit account?
Deleting your Reddit account permanently is very easy; use the methods shared above in this article. You will be easily able to deactivate your Reddit account permanently.
Note that once you deactivate your Reddit account, you won’t be able to recover it ever, and the contents you shared via the Reddit account will automatically move to the public domain. You won’t be able to delete those posts and comments as well.
If you have decided to delete your Reddit account, you must delete the comments and posts because if you don’t, you won’t be able to delete them later.
How do I delete my Reddit account on mobile in 2022?
To deactivate or delete your Reddit account on your phone, make sure you delete all your posts/comments. Once done, use our guide mentioned in this article which includes visiting a link on your mobile browser that lands you on the user settings page where you can tap on deactivate the account and deactivate the account in one go.
How do I delete my Reddit account on my iPhone?
To delete your Reddit account on your iPhone, you will have to use the steps mentioned in this article. The steps involve cleaning the contents of your Reddit account and then going to the web version of Reddit on safari or chrome browser and deleting the Reddit account permanently.