If you are wondering how to watch TikTok without using an app? We will answer this soon, but first, let’s see why anyone would use TikTok without an app.
Suppose you don’t use (or don’t want to use) TikTok, but your friend sent you a link to their latest TikTok video that went viral. How will you watch it without installing the TikTok app? Or let’s say that you belong to a country where TikTok is banned, like India.
In that case, you will have to watch TikTok in India after the ban using the following methods discussed in this guide. So, in short, the only way to watch TikTok without an app is via a web browser. In this guide, we will show you how you can use your web browser to watch TikTok.
How to Watch Tiktok on Web Browser on PC/Mac?
- Open Google Chrome on your PC and visit the TikTok website. As soon as you open the website, you will see an error. Similar to the app, the website also says, “The App is currently unavailable.”
- To bypass this, we will have to use a VPN. A VPN will help the browser appear if the connection is coming from another country and let the user inside the TikTok website. I am using a VPN chrome extension called Browsec. To install the Browsec VPN extension, visit Chrome Web Store, look for “Browsec VPN,” and click on “Add to Chrome” to add it to your browser. After that, you will see a new Browser icon along with other extensions on your Web browser.
- Now, open TikTok again in your browser, click on the Browsec plugin icon and switch it on. This will route your connections through the default server. You can select the US server from the list since TikTok is still working in the US. In case it becomes inaccessible in the US, you can switch to another country’s server.
- After a successful VPN connection, refresh your webpage to load to TikTok on your Web browser and bypass any restrictions. Since you are using a VPN, you might have to solve a captcha to prove you are a human before you can use TikTok as usual.
Note that you might encounter some issues with the video playback, as you are playing videos through a VPN, resulting in slow buffering. You can solve this buffering issue temporarily and use TikTok on your PC properly by visiting your favorite creator’s user page and switching off the VPN and watching their TikTok on your normal connection.
But the issue with this workaround is that whenever you navigate away, you will get an error. And you’ll have to start the VPN again and repeat the process.
How to watch TikTok without an App on Android/iOS?
TikTok works fine on a mobile browser. You can type “tiktok.com” and enjoy TikTok videos inside your smartphone’s web browser by using an app.
However, to watch TikTok without an app on Android or iOS in a restricted country, you’ll need to use a VPN app. And if you are wondering how to do that, follow the steps mentioned:
- Download the VPN app of your choice from the App Store or PlayStore, and connect to a country’s server where TikTok isn’t banned. In this case, I am connecting to the US-New York server.
And as for the VPN provider, I highly recommend using KeepSolid VPN Unlimited.
- Now, open the app where you received the TikTok video link, copy that link and paste it inside the browser of your choice.
- The link will load, and you’ll be able to use TikTok inside your Web browser without using an app.
While it’s very underutilized, the browser version of TikTok both on PC/Mac and Mobile versions including Android and iOS works just fine. Using Tiktok on Browser is very simple and can be accessed directly if TikTok isn’t banned in your area. If TikTok is banned in your area then you can use a VPN to access it on your phone or laptop by using the method mentioned above. This is how you will be able to use Tiktok on your favorite web browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox on your phone or Desktop Directly.
Download Tiktok Videos Without Watermark
To download Tiktok Videos without a watermark, you can copy the link and use several apps and web services to download the video without a watermark. We have done a separate article on downloading TikTok videos without watermark which can be accessed by clicking here.
Watch TikTok on Browser: Conclusion
So this is how you watch TikTok on a web browser without an app. Using the method mentioned in this guide, you can watch TikTok on Android, iOS, and even PC without an app. I hope you liked our guide and found it helpful to watch TikTok videos on a browser. The best part is that you can watch TikTok on the browser directly via your PC; you don’t need a PC app to do the same.
With that said, I will see you in another guide like this. Don’t forget to have a look at our homepage mrnoob.net and visit our Instagram @mrnoobHQ. Thanks for reading.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a Web version of TikTok?
Yes, there is a web version of TikTok that you can access using your browser and accessing TikTok directly on your web browser.
To do that, type “TikTok.com” inside your web browser on your phone or PC, and you will be able to access the web version of TikTok on the device of your choice.
Can I watch TikTok without an account in 2022?
Yes, you can watch TikTok without an account in 2021. You don’t need to have a TikTok account to watch videos on TikTok. You can use the web version of TikTok directly on your browser to access TikTok now on your web browser.