The method to use a snap camera on google meet has its shares of workaround like any other workaround. But first, let’s address the problem quickly.
Just like its parent app, snap camera is also very popular among people. The popularity is mainly because people like to use the filters available which are pretty fun.
If you use a snap camera often and want to know how to use a snap camera on google meet then this is the right resource for you as we will discuss all the ways by which you can use a snap camera on google meet the right way.
How to Use Snap Camera with Google Meet?
- Download the snap camera app and get it working. To do this go to snap camera’s official website and download it.
- Once down now find the downloaded file on your desktop system and double click on it to install it.
- Open the snap camera and now you should see a preview of your own face.
- Once done now you should see a preview of your desired camera inside the snap camera.
- Now we can move to the next most important part, setting up snap cam with google meet.
- Open Google meet either by going to its official website or opening it from Gmail.In this tutorial. I will be using the Gmail Method to use a snap camera with google meet.
- To do this, open Gmail and on the left-hand side of the screen, you will see two options: Start a meeting and join a meeting.
- Click on Start a Meeting and now a google meet pop-up will show with the default video source.
- Click on the three dots on the top right of the preview screen and click on settings.
- Inside settings, Open the Video tab by clicking on Video. As soon as you do this, the first option that you get is “Camera”.
- Click on the options under the camera and select a snap camera.
- Set the Send and Recieve Resolution to 720p or whatever is highest in your case. I have set it to 720p
- Once you do this, now you will be able to use the snap camera with google meet
How to Use Snap Cam with Google Meet using Third-Party inputs like Iruin app or Canon EOS webcam Utility?
If you want to use your canon EOS webcam utility or applications like iruin camera or Epoc Cam with Google meet using Snap camera, then you can use the following method:
- Open the Snap camera application and it should show you your default camera input.
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right to open snap camera settings.
- Inside snap camera settings, the first option that you will see is “Choose Your Camera”
- Just below that, you will see a drop-down menu with all your camera input methods.
- Change your camera input to your desired input and now you will be able to use your camera input inside the snap camera.
- To use third party inputs like Iruin webcam, epic cam, or Cannon Webcam Utility, just Select the Snap cam as the camera input inside meet settings.
- Now your input is being passed through Snap cam via webcam utility or an app using your phone or DSLR which is then passed to Google meet. So now you can use those filters with better video resolution on Google Meet.
Use Snapchat Camera with Google Meet: FAQs
What is a Snap camera and why is it used?
Snap Camera is a product by the famous app Snapchat which is used to send self-destructing images to anyone in the world after adding them as friends.
One of the most highlighted features of Snapchat is the face filters that Snapchat has. Snap Camera uses the same face filters available inside Snapchat and uses them in a camera app that you can use on your desktop computers, windows, Mac computers, etc.
Snap Camera can be used to attach face filters while video chatting with friends and family on various platforms like Google Meet, Zoom, Skype, etc.
What is Google Meet?
Google meet is a service by Google that lets you host video conferences and meetings. Google meets lets you talk to people from all around the world, free of cost. That’s right, Google meet was paid earlier but now due to the covid pandemic, google meet has been made free to use.
Google Meet is said to be one of the most robust and reliable sources when it comes to video conferences. You can access google meet by going to meet.google.com or by simply opening Gmail on your android phone or desktop and simply start a meeting.
Use Snapchat Camera with Google Meet: Wrapping Up
So that’s how you can use Snapchat Camera with Google Meet, I hope you liked our take on using the snap camera with Google Meet. The process was pretty easy but it gets a bit tricky while using third-party input like Canon EOS utility but it can be easily figured out using this method. Do let us know your views on this article in the comment section below and I will see you around later.