Snapchat has been aggressive with pushing new features on its app lately. Earlier, their Public Profile is limited to just their top creators and celebrities. But now, anyone can make a public profile on Snapchat and build an audience by creating content for them.
If you want to create content on Snap chat app, you should switch to a Public Profile right away. The process to create a Public profile is very easy. This guide has covered everything you need to know about a Public profile. But before that, let’s see what a public profile is and why you should create one.
What is a Public Profile in Snapchat?
A Public Profile on Snapchat allows you to connect with a broader audience through your content. If you are a creator, a celebrity, or someone who wants to show their talent on Snapchat, you should consider creating a Public Profile on Snapchat.
When you create a Public Profile, you can post your Snaps/Stories and display them on your profile publicly. People can visit your Public Profile and subscribe to updates whenever you post something new.
With Public Profile, users also get new features like adding a profile picture, bio description, and pinning their location. In addition to that, you also get to see insights about your viewers, access to lens studio features, etc.
However, you still have to meet specific requirements before making one for yourself.
Create Public Profile – Requirements!
While anyone can create a Public Profile on Snapchat, you still need to adhere to a few requirements before seeing this feature on your Snapchat account.
- You should be 18 years or above.
- Your Snapchat account should be older than 24 hours.
- You must have at least one bi-directional friend on your Snapchat, which means both you and the other Snapchat user must be on each other’s friend list.
- Should follow Snapchat Community Guidelines.
With that cleared, let’s see how you can switch to a public profile in a few simple steps.
How to make a Public Profile on Snapchat?
- Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone and tap on the “Bitmoji” icon on the top-right of your screen to open your Snapchat profile.
- On the Snap profile page, in the Spotlight & Snap Map section, tap on the three-dot menu next to “Add to Spotlight.”
- Inside the menu, select the “Create Public Profile” option.
- You’ll now see an onboarding screen showcasing what will happen when you create a Public Profile. Like, anyone can subscribe to your Public Profile on Snapchat and view snaps that you posted on Spotlight.
- Tap on “Continue” and then on “Get Started.” Snapchat will confirm one last time showing what will change when you switch to a Public Profile on Snapchat. Press the “Create” button on the confirmation popup to create your Snapchat Public Profile.
- Congratulation, you have successfully created your Public Profile on Snapchat.
Access your Snapchat Public Profile!
You can access your Snapchat Public Profile from your Profile page. Open your Snapchat Profile page by a tap on the “Bitmoji” icon, and then tap on “My Public Profile” under the “Public Profiles” section.
Inside your “My Public Profile” page, you will see two sections; Stories and Spotlight.
The stories section will feature all your saved stories that you shared publicly. Generally, Stories disappear after 24 hours. But when you save a story on your public profile, it stays there as long as you like it.
While the Spotlight section is similar to the TikToks or Reels feature of Instagram, you can create and post engaging content to your Spotlight for other Snapchat users to watch and engage with your directly.
Snapchat also lets you post your Snaps to your Spotlight and promotes your content on the Stories tab of your audience/subscribers.
Edit your Public Profile!
After creating your Public profile, you can edit it and make it look more presentable. Here you can add a profile picture, update your bio, and pin your location. Snapchat users visiting your snap public id will see this information about you, along with your publicly shared content.
To edit your Public Profile, open your Snapchat Profile page by tapping on the “Bitmoji” icon. Now tap on “My Public Profile” under the “Public Profiles” section.
On your “My Public Profile” page, you will see an “Edit Profile” button. Tap on it and update your profile as you like.
And finally tap on the “Preview Profile” button below your profile picture to see your updated profile in action.
Show Subscriber Count on Snapchat!
Showing Subscribers counts allows creators to show off their growing audience on their public profile. It is similar to followers on platforms like Instagram and TikTok. For many, the number of followers/subscribers translates to the social worth on that platform.
By default, Snapchat keeps subscribers’ counts hidden on your Public profile. To show subscriber count on your profile, open your Snapchat Profile page by tapping on the “Bitmoji” icon. Now tap on “My Public Profile” under the “Public Profiles” section.
On your “My Public Profile” page, you will see an “Edit Profile” button. Tap on it and turn on the toggle that says, “Show Subscriber Count” to show the subscriber count on your profile.
How to delete a Public Profile on Snapchat?
If you ever want to delete your Snapchat Public Profile, you can easily do it from the app.
However, it will also delete your public information and stories when you delete your profile. And you will lose all your subscribers on your Public Profile.
With that out of the way, let’s see how you can delete your Public Profile on Snapchat:
- Open your Snapchat Profile page by a tap on the “Bitmoji” icon, and then tap on “My Public Profile” under the “Public Profiles” section.
- Now tap on the “Gear” icon on the top-right of your Public Profile page to access profile settings.
- On the Profile Settings page, tap on the “Delete Public Profile” option at the bottom. A confirmation popup will appear. Press the “Delete” button that popup to delete your public profile.
- Congratulation, you have successfully deleted your Public Profile.
Wrapping up: Create Public Profile on Snap.
Snapchat is trying hard to keep up with the competition. Recently, they started allowing users to change their Snapchat usernames. And this attempt of bringing the Public Profile feature to everyone will grow user engagement on their platform.
You should also switch to Public Profile to increase your viewers’ reach and engagement as a creator. Do you know, you can also enable Dark Mode in Snapchat.