You must be wondering How to Install and Access Google Play Store on Amazon Fire TV Stick? but let’s discuss fire tv stick before we jump on the method.
There is no doubt about the fact that the Amazon Fire TV stick is powerful. The amazon fire tv stick has proven its power time and again by becoming audience favorites when it comes to streaming devices. However, the only underwhelming aspect of the fire tv stick is the lack of a diverse app store like google play store on android tv.
In this guide, we will discuss how to install the Google Play store on your fire tv stick and use it to download apps.
Why should You Install the Google Play store on the Fire TV Stick?
The reason to install and use google play store on fire tv stick is simple. There are many apps that can be installed on the fire tv stick because it’s based on android. Due to fire tv stick’s restrictive ecosystem and the lack of a dedicated App store, it gets extremely difficult to download apps despite the fire tv stick being an android device at its core.
Install and Access Google Play Store on Firestick (2021) :
Before we move on and download google play store on the fire tv stick, let me give you a small heads up. There is no way you can install the actual google play store on the fire tv stick due to the lack of google play services.
In this guide, we will install two of the best app stores that can act as google play store alternatives for the fire tv stick.
Download and Install Aurora Store on Fire TV Stick :
The first app that we will install on the fire tv stick is called Aurora Store. Aurora Store is an open-source google play store alternative that even looks like google play store in terms of the UI/UX. Here’s how :
- Use this link to download the aurora play store APK on your android phone.
- Now we will sideload the APK on the fire tv stick by sending the downloaded APK on the fire tv stick.
- To sideload aurora store on the fire tv stick, you need three things: the APK file of aurora store on your phone, an app to send the APK file, and a file manager app installed on the fire tv stick.
- Once the APK file is downloaded on your phone, download an app called Send files to TV on both your phone and the fire tv stick (with the help of Alexa: ask Alexa to download Send files to TV).
- Now install Total commander by asking Alexa to install total commander.
- Once done now open SFTTV (Send files to TV) on both your android phone and Fire TV stick and send the APK to Fire TV.
- Navigate to Storage/Emulated/0/Downloads inside total file manager and you will see Aurora Store APK there.
- Select the APK and install the APK on your Fire TV Stick.
- Once done now you will be able to use the Aurora Store ( Replacement to google play store) on your fire tv stick and download apps directly without voice commands.
Download and Install Aptoide TV on Fire TV Stick :
Another Great Replacement to download apps on the fire tv stick is the Aptoide TV app store which is also like the google play store. You can download and even update apps directly from the aptoide store on your fire TV using the following steps :
- Just like we did with the Aurora Store, download the Aptoide TV APK from here.
- Now open SFFTV on both your Android and Fire TV devices.
- Once done now send the Aptoide TV APK to the Fire TV stick.
- After you are done sending the APK to the Amazon Fire TV stick, open the total commander app.
- Navigate to Storage/Emulated/0/Downloads inside total file manager and you will see Aptoide TV APK there.
- Select the APK and install the Aptoide TV APK on your Fire TV Stick.
- Once done, now you will be able to download apps on the Fire TV Stick using Aptoide TV.
- You can even update the existing apps on the fire tv stick using Aptoide store.
So these are the best methods by which you can download and install the Google Play Store on the Fire TV Stick. Now let’s have a look at some of the frequently asked questions regarding the same :
How to update apps on firestick?
This is one of the most common questions in any firestick user: How to update firestick apps? The answer to this question is very simple. If you are unable to update apps on your firestick using the default play store then you can use any of the above methods to install a third party play store on your firestick and then use it to update existing apps on your fire tv.
Amazon fire stick won’t download apps :
So this one is one of the most common problems with fire tv stick users. To fix this issue of the amazon fire tv stick won’t download apps, you can install a third-party app store on your fire tv stick and then use that app store to install apps on the fire tv stick. You can use this guide and install a third-party app store on the fire tv stick.
How to Install google play on Amazon Fire TV: Conclusion
So that is how you can access the google play store on the fire tv stick and install apps directly. You can even use this method to download games on the fire tv stick and hook up a controller to play games on the fire tv stick. I hope you liked our guide, drop your opinions and comments in the comment section below.
How to Install and Access Google Play Store on Amazon Fire TV Stick in 2021
Both platforms essentially run Android under the hood, and APKs are used for packaging and installing apps. So there must be a way where you can access Google Play Store on Fire TV Stick. Well, we bring you a detailed guide on how to install Play Store on Fire TV Stick.