Hulu is one of the Top 10 streaming services as of 2022 in the US. As Hulu gets popular, people around the world, people are looking for ways to stream Hulu on discord. But before jumping into it, let’s have a look at what discord is and why is it so popular.
Discord is super popular among the youth, where they virtually hang out with friends and in communities. Apart from talking with people on the voice chat areas inside the Discord server, you can do a lot like stream Netflix and even Hulu on Discord and watch the latest season of the boys with your friends.
Stream Hulu on Discord with Friend (2022)
To start streaming Hulu on Discord, we will have to take care of some significant problems. The major problem here is the issue of DRM protection and a black screen showing to the audience. If you use Discord, you must have tried to stream Hulu or other streaming services on Discord ending up on a black screen.
Let’s see how to stream Hulu on Discord without any black screen problem.
1. Download the Discord App on Windows or Mac.
Discord is available as a Web version or App on Pc and Mac. So if you use the web version on your PC or Mac, you won’t be able to stream Hulu on Discord. You have to download the PC or Mac app on your computer. To do this, head over to the discord website by clicking here and downloading the discord app for your operating system.
Once downloaded and installed, use the QR code if already signed in on your mobile app or insert the credentials to sign up on or sign in on Discord.
2. Turn off Hardware Acceleration on Browser: Fixes Black Screen Issues to stream Hulu on Discord.
People’s most common issue while streaming Hulu on discord is the black screen issue. When you stream any content on Discord with Hulu as the source, you only see the black screen and nothing else on the receiving side.
If you don’t want to see a black screen while watching Hulu on Discord, turn off hardware acceleration in your browser. In this guide, We’ve included instructions for disabling hardware acceleration on three common browsers, Google Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. You can use your preferred browser to complete the instructions. If you’re using a browser that isn’t listed above, go to its Settings and look for hardware acceleration, then turn it off.
Below are the ways you can disable hardware acceleration on the most common browsers:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and select ‘Settings‘ from the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- In the left sidebar, go to the ‘System‘ tab, then to ‘Advanced‘ options, and turn off the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’ And after disabling the toggle, restart Chrome.
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge and go to ‘Settings’ by clicking on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System‘ and turn off the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available‘ toggle inside system settings. After that, restart your Edge browser to watch Hulu on Discord without getting a black screen.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox:
- Firefox users have to select ‘Options‘ from the hamburger menu (Horizontal three lines), located near the upper right corner of the browser.
- Under the ‘General‘ tab, scroll down until you reach the ‘Performance‘ area. Here you’ll see a checkbox labeled ‘Use suggested performance settings.’ Uncheck it, and another checkbox for deactivating hardware acceleration will appear. Uncheck the item that says, ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’
3. Play Hulu on Browser and Set up Discord for Streaming
You’re ready to stream Hulu for pals on Discord now that you’ve deactivated hardware acceleration. To get started with setting up Discord for streaming using the following steps:
- On the browser of your choice, launch Hulu and play your favorite movie or TV show. Once you do this, pause the movie or tv show and launch Discord.
- Inside the discord app, navigate to the ‘Gear‘ icon next to the name on the bottom left corner. Doing this will launch discord settings.
- On the Settings page, Go to the ‘Activity Status‘ tab in the left sidebar and click the ‘Add it!‘ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?‘
- After this, you will see a dropdown menu with the list of all the apps running in the background.
- Pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
- Go to the server where you wish to watch the movie or TV show, and then click the ‘Stream‘ icon above your username. Alternatively, you can join a voice channel and then use the ‘Share screen‘ option in the bottom left to select the browser you’re using to view Hulu.
- Set the resolution and the voice channel you’d like to host the movie. If you don’t have Discord Nitro, you can only stream in 720p at 30 frames per second. You’ll need a Discord Nitro membership to be able to stream Hulu on discord in 1080p/60fps.
- After picking the channel, you want to stream in, click on the ‘Go Live‘ Button and start streaming the movie or show that you wish to stream.
- Once you are done, other members of the server can click on the ‘Live‘ button inside the voice channels, and now you can have your own Hulu party on discord itself.
- If you wish to end the watch party, then click on the end call button, and you will be able to end the watch party for all the members inside the voice channel.
How to Watch Hulu on Discord on Fire TV Stick / Android TV
To watch Hulu with friends on discord on your Fire TV stick, you will have to set up the movie or show on Hulu and then go live on discord as we did above. As soon as you set up the discord call, all you have to do is connect your PC to your TV.
The usual way to do this is to use an HDMI cable and connect it to the TV. This works well, but the only issue with this method is that nobody has an HDMI cable long enough to video chat and watch movies simultaneously.
We can use the Miracast or Chromecast function on the Smart TV or Fire TV stick to fix this. I’ll be doing this on a fire tv stick, but you can also do this on an Android smart TV. Here’s how you do it.
Steps to set up Watch Party on TV or Fire TV Stick
- Use the Alexa button on your Amazon Fire TV Remote and say “Air screen”.
- Now you will see a list of apps, choose the first one and download the Air screen app on your Fire TV Stick. If you are on an android tv then you can download the same via the play store.
- Once done, now open the air screen app. This will enable services like Chromecast and Miracast on your fire tv stick or android tv properly. If you have a tv with these facilities built-in then you can skip using this app, but I will still recommend using this app as it’s really robust.
- Once done, you can now use the Air screen app to mirror your PC on Android TV. Now the trick is to set up the whole system that we created earlier which lets us use Hulu on discord and then screencast.
- Set up the Hulu watch party on your PC. Now click on the action center on the bottom right side of your windows PC and click on Project. You can also select “Connect” and directly choose the device of your choice.
- Now select your TV/Fire TV stick from the list.
- Done, now you can host a watch party on discord using your firestick.
- Using this method, you will be able to use your PC’s webcam and mic to talk to your friends and at the same time watch the movie on the big screen along with their voices.
Can’t Stream Hulu on Discord
We are done with watching Hulu on Discord with friends. Now let’s look at some of the common issues and how to fix them.
The reason why you can’t stream Hulu on Discord can be many, including your internet connection speed and other factors. To stream Hulu on Discord in 720p Quality, you need at least a 30mbps connection. If you have a slower connection, you will be able to stream at a very choppy framerate, which will ruin the experience for everyone.
Another reason you can’t stream Hulu on Discord is the black screen issue because all the content on Hulu or sites like Netflix is DRM protected. We have already shared the solution to remove the black screen issue in this article. Scroll up to read the method.
Stream Hulu on Discord Without Black Screen: Wrapping Up
That’s how you stream Hulu on Discord directly without any issue and a black screen problem. The only issue is that if you switch tabs inside the browser of your choice, your stream will show everything you do while steaming, so take care of that while you stream. I hope you liked our guide on how to stream Hulu on Discord.
If you want to read more amazing guides, visit our homepage mrnoob.net and follow us on Instagram @mrnoobHQ.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you stream Hulu on Discord?
Yes, you can stream Hulu on Discord very easily by just screen-casting your browser onto Discord. However, the problem is with the black screen issue that occurs when you try to stream Hulu on Discord. You have to disable the hardware acceleration on chrome and then stream it on Discord to fix this. The complete method is listed above.
How do I cast Hulu to Discord?
To cast Hulu to Discord, you have to disable the black screen issue on your browser first and then stream the movie or tv show via Discord. Following the above guide, you can cast Hulu to your Discord server and enjoy watching content with your friends at the same time. Use the steps above and stream your favorite movies and tv shows with friends on Discord without any issue.
How do I stream movies on Discord?
You can directly live stream inside a voice chat to stream movies on Discord if the file is locally placed inside the computer. To stream online services like Hulu on Discord, you need to disable the black screen issue of your web browser first. We discussed everything in the guide above, so do check the process in detail, and you will be able to stream movies on Discord easily.
Yes, you can screen share Hulu on Discord, but that results in a black screen issue. We have shared a trick in this guide, so do check that out, and using that, you can easily watch Hulu online with your friends. Once you follow all the steps, you will screen share Hulu.
Is it illegal to stream movies on Discord?
If you are concerned that streaming Hulu on Discord is ethical, then the simple answer is NO. It is illegal to do this, but if you are a small group of friends, that means no harm. You can always give this a go.
Can you stream on Discord mobile?
No, you can’t initiate a Hulu stream from your mobile due to the screen sharing being protected by DRM protection.
Yes, Hulu does block screen sharing on Discord, but we have found a working method by which you can stream Hulu on Discord directly without any issues.