The question “How to prevent random people from adding you to Telegram groups” might look trivial for some. But if you are added by 100s of random groups, you must know how hard it is to go and manually remove every chat.
In this guide, we will share how you can prevent random people from adding you to random groups but first let’s address the issue.
Let’s get straight to the main problem first, telegram is great but one of the major issues that I have faced while using the app is that people add me to random groups. This all started when I joined some crypto groups and soon, I was added to 100s of groups without my permission and deleting them one by one is a pain too.
And the worst part is that most of these groups are for scamming people with their money using crypto or gambling as a base. Some groups share links that can infect your devices with malware as well. So yeah, these groups can be classified as problematic.
Prevent Random People From Adding You to Telegram Groups!
Follow these steps to make sure random people don’t add you in groups or text you ever again.
- Open the Telegram App on your Android or iOS device.
- Now tap on the hamburger menu on the top left side of your android device and tap on Settings. On your iOS device tap on the Settings button on the bottom right side of the home screen.
- Inside Settings, choose Privacy and Security.
- Now tap on Groups and you will see a setting “Who can add me to group chats?” with two options: Everybody and My Contacts.
- Tap on My Contacts.
- You may also add a few exclusions, such as barring a specific contact from ever adding you to groups. Alternatively, you may always enable (trusted) contacts to add you to groups. This is included in the section titled “EXCEPTIONS.”
- Once you’ve completed this, you’ll be able to unsubscribe from the numerous spam groups to which you’re constantly being joined.
Also Read: How to delete a Discord server permanently?
Stop Random People From Adding You on Telegram: Conclusion
So this was our take on how to stop people from adding you in random groups on the telegram app. The approach is very restrictive and by doing this only people who are on your contact list will be able to add you to a group, which is great. I hope you liked our guide to stopping random people from adding you to telegram groups. Do let us know your opinions on the same by dropping a comment below and make sure to keep reading mrnoob.net for such amazing tech guides. Thanks for reading, I’ll see you in the next one.