Were you looking for options to buy Solana or SOL coins in India? Well, we do have you covered in this guide. Using this guide, you’ll know how you can buy SOL coins easily in India. But before we jump on how to buy Solana SOL coin in India, let’s see what Solana is and how it works.
What is Solana or SOL coin?
According to Solana.com, Solana is an open-source project that banks on blockchain technology’s permissionless nature to provide decentralized finance (DeFi) solutions.
The idea and initial work on the project began in 2017. The launch was held in Geneva by the Solana Foundation in March 2020.
The Solana protocol is designed to improve the Decentralized Apps (DApps) ecosystem. Using Proof of History (PoH) with existing Proof of Stake consensus, Solana provides a robust ecosystem for Decentralized App creation.
Buy Solana or SOL coin in India using WazirX.
To buy the Solana Coin in India with INR directly, you will have to use a Crypto exchange called WazirX. Use the following steps to buy Solana or SOL coin with INR:
- Download the WazirX App using this link and sign up on the platform.
- Once done with the signup process and KYC verification, you can log in to your WazirX app.
- Now tap on the “Funds” icon on the bottom right side of the app.
- Now tap on INR and select Deposit.
- Choose your desired deposit mode; you can choose from IMPS deposit or P2P mode.
- Once you are done depositing your INR inside the WazirX wallet, you should see your deposited amount inside the INR wallet of WazirX.
- Once done, now go to search and search for SOL inside the WazirX search.
- Now, you will see only one pair for the SOL coin, which is SOL/USDT. This means that you can only trade SOL coins with USDT coins, and for that, we will have to buy USDT first.
- To get USDT, again go to the Exchange tab from the bottom left side of WazirX and search for USDT, and you will see USDT/INR. Tap on the USDT/INR pair, and you will now see the USDT/INR page.
- Now tap on the Crown icon in the center, which says Buy/Sell. Now insert your price and the amount of USDT you want to buy and tap on “Buy.”
- Congratulations, you have successfully bought your first SOL coin in India using the WazirX exchange.
How to Buy Solana (SOL) coin in India Using CoinDCX:
CoinDCX is another Indian exchange that has Solana listed. To buy Solana in India using CoinDCX exchange, use the following steps :
- Sign up on the CoinDCX app by clicking Here.
Sign Up on CoinDCX Exchange
- Load INR into your CoinDCX wallet.
- Once you deposit INR in your CoinDCX wallet, you can now buy the SOL coin on CoinDCX. CoinDCX does have SOL/INR pair and SOL/USDT and other pairs like SOL/BTC. We will be using SOL/USDT to buy.
- Open the USDT window inside CoinDCX and place your order to buy USDT with INR. Once done, now search for SOL.
- You will see SOL/USDT pair visible.
- Now tap on Buy and place your Buy order inside the CoinDCX app or website.
- Once the price hits your desired rate, you will be able to buy Solana coins on CoinDCX directly.
How to Purchase SOLANA or SOL Coin In India on Binance?
If you are a Binance user from India, you must be aware of the basic working of Binance exchange. Binance is a great exchange, but the only downside of using Binance exchange in India is that you can’t deposit INR inside Binance directly. Now there are two options in this case:
The first option to deposit money in Binance is using Binance P2P to buy USDT with UPI and other payment options. You can also connect WazirX with Binance to deposit INR on Wazirx, buy USDT, and then use the one-click transfer to move the USDT fund to Binance.
Once you figure out the USDT deposits in your Binance wallet balance, use the following steps to buy Solana coin in India using Binance exchange:
- If you haven’t already signed up for Binance, use this link to sign up on Binance.
Sign Up on Binance Exchange
- Load your walled using the above methods, and you will have USDT in your Binance wallet.
- Now, Search for SOL/USDT inside the Binance app or website and tap on the Buy button.
- Now, place your order on the Binance app/website, and you will be able to see all your holdings if you tap on the Wallet icon.
This is how you can buy Solana coins in India using Binance right now.
Get Solana or SOL coin in India on Huobi Global!
Another way to buy Solana coins in India is on Huobi Global. The way to buy Solana coin on Huobi global is a bit tricky. Use these steps to buy Solana coin on Huobi global exchange:
- Load INR to any Indian exchange and then buy USDT over there.
- Now Tap on Deposit and select USDT on the Huobi exchange. You will see various options like ERC20, TRC20, and BEP, etc.
- Choose TRC20 which works on the Tron blockchain; this is the cheapest and the easiest way to transfer USDT from any exchange.
- Copy the TRC20 wallet address from Huobi.
- Now open your Indian Exchange like WazirX or CoinDCX and tap on Send USDT. Choose TRC20 and input the address that you copied from Huobi.
- Once done, tap on send and approve the transaction.
- You should see your USDT inside Huobi global within a few minutes. Once done, now place an order with the SOL-USDT pair. Once your price matches the Solana price, your order will get processed.
Buy Solana Coin in India: The Easiest Way
So this was the way how you can buy Solana or SOL coins in India the easiest way possible. To summarize, I would say that the easiest way is to use the Wazirx exchange or CoinDCX exchange to buy SOL coins or Solana in India. However, if you want to store your Solana in an international exchange with a larger number of cryptos listed, you can go for the Binance exchange. I hope you liked our guide on how to buy Solana or the SOL coin in India; If you did, then have a look at our homepage mrnoob.net and our Instagram @mrnoobHQ