The Google Home App is the all-in-one app to set up, manage and control your smart home devices. From Google Home to Chromecast to Smart home products like lights and cameras, you can control everything from the Google Home App. However, this app is exclusive to iOS and Android; but you can install and use Google Home App on your PC or Laptop using an Android Emulator.
Now you may ask, what is an Android Emulator? Android Emulator is a software application that simulates Android OS on a PC/laptop. It lets you run Android apps on your PC. Hence, with an Android Emulator, you can replicate the Google Home App’s full functionality and control your smart home devices with a breeze.
Use Google Home App for PC with an Android Emulator!
Surprisingly, Google has no plans to release a Google Home App for PC, but you can still use an Android Emulator to install the Google Home App on your PC. Let’s see how to install Google Home App on Windows PC using an Android Emulator.
But before that, do note that the internet is flooded with plenty of Android Emulators that you can use to install and use Android apps on your PC/laptop. We are using the latest version of BlueStacks, a popular Android emulator, for this tutorial.
- Download the latest BlueStacks installer from here and finish installing it on your PC/Laptop. (BlueStacks 4 is the latest stable version of BlueStacks)
- After successful installation, run the BlueStack for the first time and then sign in with your Google Account. This will let you install the Android app inside the BlueStacks emulator from the Google Play Store.
- Open Google Play Store inside BlueStacks, then search for ‘Google Home‘ and install it.
- You will now see another app, ‘Google Home,’ in the BlueStacks app list, open it and sign in with the Google account that you used to set up your smart devices. After that, you will be able to control all your smart devices.
Since the emulator is simulating proper Android OS, you will have access to all the Google Home features similar to mobile apps. And you will be able to set up, manage and control all your smart devices from your PC directly.
Do you know that you can connect your Google Home to your PC via Bluetooth?
Wrapping Up: How to use Google Home App on Windows 10 PC/Laptop?
Until Google releases a desktop or web version of their Google Home app, this is the only way to use the Google Home app on a Windows PC or laptop without any functionality. Otherwise, you can also get the cheapest Google Home Mini Speaker and use the trigger word to control your smart devices using your voice. But do remember that even in that case, you’ll always need the Google Home app for the initial setup.
If you have any questions regarding setting up Google Home App on Windows, let us know in the comment section.
How to install Google Home app on Windows 10 PC?
This is how you can install Google Home on your PC:
- Download and install BlueStacks 4 Android Emulator.
- Open BlueStacks on your PC, then open Play Store, and sign in with your Google Account.
- Search for ‘Google Home’ inside Google Play Store and install the app.
- Open the Google Home app and use it to control your smart devices from PC
Google Home App on windows
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any Google Home App for Mac? Can I use Google Home App on a Mac?
Like Windows, there is no Google Home app for Mac. Like Windows, you will have to use an Android Emulator to use Google Home App on Mac and control your smart devices. Luckily, BlueStacks is also available for the Mac. You can install it on your Macintosh and then install Google Home App inside the emulator to control your smart devices from your iMac or MacBook.
Can I install Google Home App on Windows without an Android Emulator?
You can install Google Home App on Windows without an Android Emulator by booting any Android x86 project ISO on a virtual environment using a VMWare and installing Google Home App inside it. However, I would not suggest you go with this route as it is time-consuming since you need to boot Android x86 every time you have to need to use the Google Home app on your PC.
Can I control Google Home Devices from my PC?
You can control all the Google Home Devices from your PC. The Google Home App inside the Android Emulator will have full control over all your Google Home and other Google-supported smart devices.