The modern age is obsessed with quality digital content that engages, intrigues, and makes consumers take action. If you want to get ahead as a business of any sort, you need to take care of your content. Video marketing and video selling are a part of it.
Marketing Statistics you should be aware of
Not convinced of the importance of video content? Here are some statistics to show you the importance of video marketing:
- Approximately 85% of brands use video marketing to push their products and services online.
- 92% of marketers claim that they find video marketing to be a vital cog of their marketing strategy.
- Over 90% of the people who make use of video marketing say that they would continue to use it.
- Approximately 95% of video marketers say that their videos have helped them explain to their customers how their product works.
- Around 81% of marketers also claim that showcasing videos on their website has boosted the time visitors spend on their site.
- 80% of video marketers globally say that videos have helped them drive up their sales.
- About 90% of consumers stated that videos have helped them with their purchasing decisions.
As you can see, these are some compelling statistics in video marketing’s favour. Creators, influencers, and brands of all types and sizes need to get their video content game in order if they want to see a significant rise in their online presence.
You can use video content to build an audience on all the major social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and so on.
YouTube is the largest platform for videos, which means you need to optimize your video marketing efforts for YouTube. YouTube allows you to upload videos of all sizes and lengths and connect with your audience. You also have the option to cross-promote your videos on other platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, and so forth. If this wasn’t enough, you can use YouTube Analytics to study your traffic and understand your audience to improve your video marketing strategy.
Just like Instagram and Facebook, you can go live on YouTube. However, be sure to perform a mic test before you get into the video.
What types of content can you create?
At this point, you know that quality content is key if you want to make waves online. Here are a few ideas you can experiment with if you want to create videos:
- Interview videos
- Live streams
- “How To…” Videos
- Product unboxing videos
- Product review videos
- Product demonstration videos
- Tutorial videos
- Online gaming videos
- Movie review videos
- Entertainment videos
What should you focus on?
This is an important question to ask yourself because it determines the quality of the videos you put out, which will ultimately reflect in your brand awareness and sales. Now that you are aware of the different kinds of videos you can create to build your brand, you need to focus on a few things, starting with picking a niche and research.
- This should go without saying, but you need to pick a niche before you do anything else. Without a niche, you will not be able to identify your audience, and as a result, create content that does not benefit anybody. Pick your niche, identify your audience, and create content for them.
- Once you pick your niche and identify your audience, you ought to focus on research. You need to put in the effort of researching your content before you put it together. Extensive research boosts your credibility. Use tons of references of all types as you draft your content.
- Once you start seeing results, track them. Look at the videos that get the most engagement and determine what your audience connects with the most. You can apply this to all your videos once you understand what your audience is looking for. You can use YouTube analytics and your audience’s feedback for this.
- Besides this, you ought to be on the lookout for ‘content gaps,’ which are things existing videos lack in the market, that you can bring to the table. You need to continually find out what the market wants and deliver solutions through your content. If you manage to do this, you can expect to build an audience over time.
What are some tips to shoot videos?
Now that you have an idea about handling your video marketing, let us discuss how to shoot your videos and simple tips you can keep in mind as you do this.
- Get an excellent camera. While you do not need state-of-the-art equipment to shoot quality videos, you do have to get your hands on an excellent camera or a phone that has one. Also, make sure you shoot your videos in landscape mode and avoid using digital zoom as much as possible. Instead, position yourself closer to the subject.
- Another thing to take into account is shaky footage. Consider buying a gimbal, which will help you steady your smartphone or camera, thereby allowing you to shoot killer footage without any shakiness. If you plan on building your brand using video content, you surely do not want shaky footage, in which case you should invest in a gimbal.
- Lighting is another integral part of video creation that you need to have in check as you shoot your videos. Be sure to primarily use natural lighting when you shoot outside. If you plan on doing an indoor shoot, make sure you have a lighting kit. You could either buy one or assemble one yourself.
- Using excellent audio equipment is just as important as using excellent video equipment. While you could record the audio with your phone’s inbuilt phone recorder, it is advisable to get an external audio recorder for high-quality audio.
As you can see, video content and marketing is all the rage in the digital era. As a brand, you need to invest time and capital in your videos if you want to establish a solid online presence and boost your sales.